i have a secret…. I am VAIN haha but in a different way. I don’t like smothering my face with too much make up because i feel my face is so dirty after the day ends. it’s crazy how girls can stand not scratching their fully done (pak na pak) faces. When i accidentaly scratch, it leaves my nails grossly filled with products i slathered. maybe that’s why girls who do their make ups often do their nails all the time!!! OMG oo nga! hahah
i also wanna scratch my eyes at times (don’t do this kids). i often forget whenever im wearing mascara/ eye make up . at the end of my day, i usually have an imbalanced eye make up (one eye looks like someone punched me/im half emo/im a half panda).
i am vain with my skin care though. i want to age gracefully. im scared/horrified of fine lines and wrinkles. i love my skin moisturized and soft and i love it as it is (morena-ish? i can’t explain my skin tone hehe). white/tisay look is so 90s and more and more Filipinas now are comfy with the skin they’re in (e.g Bianca Gonzales, Nadine Lustre (haha of course), the pbb kid Ylona Garcia). ThoughI don’t look good when Im too much toasted because I break out when my skin starts peeling (idk why) and I get uneven skin tone too(patchy and blotchy).
I dont really try to be tisay.
I got really shocked last time i went home to the Philippines because almost all of the girls appeared white, with red lipstick, brown hair, and skinny thin. it’s like there’s a cookie cutter of “beauty” and they are all in the same batch of glutathione baking pan. hehe. well ok lang naman because it is their choice to be white and may benefits din naman yun gluta being an anti oxidant and all. i’m just against in too much change of skin tone because omg ang ganda kaya ng morena.
benefits of being morena:
- skin imperfections are hidden. redness is not a problem. your face looks radiant even after tanning and you will never caught to be blotchy and red.
- perpetually tan. no need to pay for having that color.
- not prone to skin cancers. melanin baybehhh.
- no sunspots when you age
- your legs looks gorgeous! veins are not that visible hehe
- isa kang kakaibabe. you’re unique especially abroad (i mean when you’re out of the philippines especially in EU).
gone were the days when you’re rich looking daw when you’re white. you’re rich looking when you’re makinis! hahaha kinis artista. i just want my skin sexy and smooth so ill share my recent purchases.
- i usually wash my face with jergens bar soap kasabay na ng ligo ko haha. i am lazy to wash my face before. i wake up with small zits when i forget to wash nga lang huhu. my skin regimen before was just plain water and soap and that’s it. after transfering here in Dubai, my skin problems showed up. My t-zone was uber oily and my cheeks and jawline were sahara dry. there i started having a regime. Tone-Moisturize-Serum and a newly added one… Mask. 😉
- Toner. i bought the Rare Earth Pore Refining toner by Khiel’ s because i just hate my big pores. I had a long time of soul searching slash connecting flight in HK airport last month and what else can I do but shop. haha. i promise you, Khiel’s products are cheaper in HK compared to dubai. i forgot how much this is though but i just know it’s just way cheaper ( i remember checking my messages of purchases to compare the prices, thanks a lot emirates NBD for the text in every purchase i do; making me guilty all the time hehe. ) . The after effect of the product is a clear and mattified face. it can be drying though so i usually need added moisturizer after.
- Moisturizer. My facial skin is combination type. in short, my face has bipolar. i got skin flakes on my cheeks at times (it looks like a skin dandruff on my cheek, kadire!). my biggest skin problem are large the pores on my nose and cheeks huhu. our dermatologist in the Philippines said that pore sizes are hereditary. so i blame them on my homies. ahahha. any way, the Rare Earth Pore Refining moisturizer was a meh for me. because after a week of use, i had 2 cystic pimples on my nose and chin. idk if it’s because of: not washing my face thoroughly before applying, my hormones, or because the product itself tightens pores and trapping some stuff inside it creating pimples! im giving it a chance again this week but i bought a back up– A new moisturizer again with spf. yehey!!!
- Moisturizer #2. Khiel’s Ultra Facial Moisturizer. i just started using it today. it costs 100 aed which is not that bad because the bottle is quite big and it has SPF 30. cant say a lot much coz i’m a noob but lathering it on my face is fast and non-greasy and doesn’t feel too heavy.
- Mask. i never used a clay type mask. i tried korean masks though but i cant stick on the regime because it’s time consuming and im lazy asf. however, because i sincerely hate my big pores and i want to minimize them before i turn 30, i gave in to the Rare Earth Pore Refining mask. i just used it last night and cmon mamon, 100% effective! i felt it has a cooling effect right after applying, then as it becomes dry (approx 10 minutes), my face tightened a bit. i wiped it off with warm damp towel, and OMG it woooorked. ultra tiny pores, squeeky clean face, and super smooth. you can’t abuse it though coz the bottle shows that they recommend once or twice a week of use. i dont really know what will happen if you use it daily. but im not gonna be delinquent on that one. prolly it will dry the skin too much? hmm. the bottle is big for 130 aed.6.Serums. i never knew about serums until i came to dubai.ive used Caudalie serum from sephora. it has Vitamin C and it has a lot of antioxidants that can delay signs of ageing. i finished it and i think that i’m having a resistance on its effects and i wanted change. i switched to Khiel’s midnight recovery concentrate few weeks back. the blue glass bottle looks classic and the dropper works well. it can be oily (coz it’s an oil to begin with haha) at the start but once you spread it all over it dries up a little and you will feel moisturized. hahaha omg again! this one is hyper effective. your face will just glow after waking up. it’s like a bottle of goodnight sleep. (correct me if im wrong if this one is not a serum or something, but i think it is e )
overall, beauty is in the eye of the beholder and you got to have a heart of gold too. However, a good heart wont make you an artista HEHEHEH. (kakainis yun joke ko).
pics from Khiel’s. (not payed to do this though huhu)